- JUMP ACADEMY
Time management session - Erasmus Plus training on November 9th & 10th
Aggiornamento: 6 dic 2021
Time management is a way to find the time for all the things you want and need to do. It helps you to decide which things are urgent and which can wait. Learning how to manage your time, activities, and commitments can be hard! But we from Jump are glad to help you finding the right way to manage it.
When we talk about time management, we usually mean self-management. Because time can not be managed - it always passes at the same speed. But you can set priorities, delegate tasks or just say no. This can make your life easier, less stressful, and more meaningful.
The learning goals of the module I held with some European teachers for Erasmus were:
- getting able to set objectives based on the SMART formula
- getting able to plan the daily work in a structured way thanks to the use of some techniques and methods
- knowing how to prioritize the work activities by using the techniques and methods learnt
- knowing how to react to possible difficulties one may encounter in implementing the techniques and methods learnt
It was interesting to go through the time management cycle, which comprehends:
1) Goal setting: what would you like to reach?
2) Planning: how would you like to reach your goals?
3) Taking decisions: how to take the right decision about the priorization of the tasks
4) Execute: executing the daily business
5) Check: checking what you have achieved comparing it with the goals you had set
At this point you are ready to restart the cycle by resetting new goals.
The seminar ended up with a short meditation session, to experience that actually the concept of time is an illusion. Also thanks to this acknowledgement participants will be stronger to face their daily routine.
Sonia Simpatico - JUMP Team